The benefits given to you in this warranty are additional to, and do not detract from, any rights and remedies that you may have under Australian and New Zealand consumer protection laws. In Australia, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. In New Zealand, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
1. The warranty provider is:
(a) in Australia, SNA E Australia a division of Snap-on Tools (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 55 010 793 683) of PO Box 6077, BLACKTOWN NSW 2148, Australia, telephone 1300 728 177, email email@example.com; and
(b) in New Zealand, SNA E NZ a division of Snap-on Tools New Zealand Ltd (Company Number 4387902) of PO Box 64307 Botany, 2163 AUCKLAND, New Zealand, telephone 0800 500 227, email firstname.lastname@example.org,
referred to in this warranty as SNA E.
2. All hand tools in the SNA E catalogue (Products) are offered with a warranty against material and manufacturing defects for as long as the tool in question remains in use (Warranty Period), provided:
(a) they are purchased from an authorized SNA E retailer in Australia or New Zealand; and
(b) none of the exclusions set out in sections 3 and 4 of this warranty apply.
3. This warranty does not cover SNA E's range of pneumatic tools, hydraulic tools, battery powered tools, electrical/electronic tools, torque tools, automotive tools, measuring tools and any other tools which have specific warranty conditions. These products each have a separate warranty card supplied with the product covering the specific warranty terms.
4. The following are not covered by this warranty:
(a) any Product that has been subject to incorrect or abnormal use and/ or incorrectly maintained (including repair or maintenance by a person other than an authorized distributor or official service agent) or that is worn from improper use or that has suffered unauthorized modifications;
(b) any repairs required due to normal wear and tear;
(c) consumable parts such as blades, rubber parts, seals, hammer pins, sanding plates, cutting blades, air filters, clamps, fuses and other accessories; and
(d) any Product that has been used under environmental conditions for which it was not designed or that has suffered any damage caused by external influences (water, salt water, chemical, physical, impact or extreme temperatures) or foreign substances (unless the warranty beneficiary provides technical proof that the defect was caused by a material or construction defect, and of the components of the product concerned).
Abnormal Use includes without limitation misuse, accident, modification, unreasonable use, abuse, neglect, lack of maintenance, use in Product-related service, or use after the Product is significantly worn. Abnormal use of tool storage units also includes, without limitation, situations when a unit is pulled using a mechanical vehicle, rolled over large drops, used in a highly corrosive environment, used as a step stool, modified with non-SNA E parts, overloaded or modified in any way.
5. During the Warranty Period, defective Products will be repaired, replaced or substituted by SNA E at its sole discretion.
6. In order to make a warranty claim, the complete Product in question must be submitted or shipped with verification of sale documentation (which must validate the purchase date and the Product designation) to an authorised SNA E retailer or distributor. A list of authorised SNA E retailers and distributors can be found at:
7. SNA E does not cover shipping, insurance or transportation costs for returning Products or for providing repaired, replaced or substituted products under this warranty.
8. Replacement or repair of the Product will be carried out as quickly as possible. On receipt of the replaced or repaired Product, the customer is asked to validate conformity. Replacements and repairs provided under this warranty do not lengthen or renew the original warranty period for the Product.
9. SNA E provides no warranties, express or implied, relating to merchantability, fitness for purpose or otherwise, except as stated in this warranty and which are available under the Australian Consumer Law and the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (as applicable). SNA E shall in no event be liable under this warranty for:
(a) any direct, indirect, or consequential damages, including, but, not limited to, damages which may arise from loss of anticipated profits or production, spoilage of materials, increased cost of operation or otherwise;
(b) personal injury whether direct or indirect howsoever suffered arising from or in connection with any misuse of the Product; and
(c) any negligence in the manufacture, supply or any instructions related to the Product.